The title of the post says it all. I was admitted to the Cleveland Clinic with respiratory issues on Thursday evening. The good news is that we got here by car (not helicopter) and I should be out on Tuesday. I picked up a chest cold and the steroids weren’t working at home so we made the trip before I hit the critical stage. It was a good decision that will save me time on the other end.
I spent about 24 hours in ICU getting stabilized and then was moved to a regular floor. I tested positive for Parainfluenza type 2 (a respiratory condition affecting kids and immune suppressed patients) and that has landed me in isolation. I hope to get permission to walk the hall later today but a walk down to Starbucks is probably not in the cards.
In ICU, I was able to meet one of the doctors who performed CPR on me for 30 minutes in June. It was great to shake his hand. Mary Ann got to share with him that we know God is in control and we were thankful that He had people like Dr. Choi lined up to work on me when I needed it. I hope the meeting was as encouraging for him as it was for me. I have been able to see several other of my Cleveland friends and doctors who we met this summer. Derrick, the “Chief Encourager” from physical therapy dropped in to see me and pray with me on Friday.
I can report that the menu hasn’t changed since this summer (just in case you wondered). My taste buds are working better now, so I can taste the food. It doesn’t necessarily taste better, but it doesn’t all taste the same either.
Please pray for a continued quick recovery and that I will be out on Tuesday. Also, join us in thanking God for the timing in getting here early. If I need to make this trip, this is the preferred way to do it. I have my next post floating around in my head and may try to get it written, or at least started, while I am here. God bless you all and thanks for your prayers and support. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.